Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How very cool.

This is so much fun to browse through if you adore children's books as much as I do. Even before having kids I could sit in the children's section of a bookstore and drool over some of the books and their illustrations. This photostream has a lot of well-known illustrators and also some I haven't heard of before.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13921596@N08/


And recently there was this: Amelia burned the tip of her finger on the pizza pan thus of course rendering her entire right arm useless. While trying to eat dinner with one arm she said "It's horrifying to only have one hand!!!" And then there was me behind her rolling my eyes...

And yesterday...
Mama: "Well hello there, blueberry eyes!"
Amelia: (pauses only momentarily while studying my eyes) "Hello avocado seed eyes!"

2 comments:

Kate said...

How cool! and how funny about the "avocado seed eyes!" Jon has hazel eyes but Caroline always calls them "Basil eyes" :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jackie,
A couple of things occur to me... I am sad that I have, over the years, deprived myself of getting to know you better. Life, darn it ...
But I smile when I observe from your writings, how very similar your heart is to that of your cousins, Kati and Kelly. That makes me smile very big! Your children are absolutely beautiful, Jackie, and it's apparent from your blogs that your little Amelia is an incredible little individual. I'm sure Milo is, too. Please give them both a hug from their great-aunt Mary. I may not see you or speak to you very often, but please know that I love you very much! :-)
Love and a hug,
Aunt Mary Bo