Monday, August 12, 2013

Super Heroes and Coffee

Milo this morning, heard Amelia and I talking about the grouchy aide at her school. He has been talking for the past few weeks about his plans to become a super-hero when he grows up. A real one, not like the pretend characters he reads about in books but, specifically, the first real non-fiction super hero the world has ever known. So in the car after we drop Amelia off, on the way to preschool, he tells me that when he's grown up and is a super hero, he will change the world so that the mean teacher can learn how to be kind to children. Then walking into school he asks me if coffee is good for adults to drink. So I tell him that drinking too much coffee isn't healthy, and coffee with lots of sugar isn't healthy, but drinking a little bit is ok. So then he says that when he's a grown-up super-hero, he's going to change the world so that coffee is healthy like medicine or vitamins.

He has other plans for bettering the world that I didn't commit to memory (or paper, or blog) but I am continuously so impressed at how caring and thoughtful this child is. He is turning out to be the most kind and insightful little boy and I am inspired by his love.

****This was written back in March of 2012.

No comments: